The hubby loves his mushrooms. I on the other hand am not the biggest fan of them. So when we got married and he found out I didn’t like them, he was a bit devastated. BUT, I still make them occasionally….. especially when he comes home with a large container of them.
I secretly like it when he comes home with so many mushrooms because that means I have to get creative with them. This time around, he brought home baby bellas and they were larger than usual, which is perfect because I knew I wanted to stuff them right away!
I didn’t want to use too much cheese in the filling, and like anything, I want to pack a punch of flavor so I opened my fridge and stared at it for a few minutes. Seriously, I just stood and stared. And my eyes fell on a container of chives and onions cream cheese so I knew that was going to pull it all together!
I also added red bell peppers (for color and crunch) and some paprika and cayenne pepper for a kick. The hubby, and my sis-in-law Shivani, loved these! Score!
They are pretty quick to make and don’t require much effort. Go ahead, try them out.
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this!
12oz baby bella mushrooms
1 c red bell peppers, finely minced
4oz cream cheese, chive and onion flavor
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ c Italian seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Pop out the stems of the mushrooms and mince them.
3. Heat a skillet on medium flame and add oil to it.
4. Add in the garlic and roast for 30 seconds.
5. Add in the minced mushroom stems, bell peppers and spices. Cook for 3-5 minutes until they are tender.
6. Remove pan from heat and add let it cool down for a few minutes.
7. Combine the mixture with cream cheese.
8. Using a small spoon, stuff the mushrooms with the cream cheese mix.
9. Top each mushroom with bread crumbs.
10. Transfer stuffed mushrooms to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.