Jump to recipe
I love a traditional banana bread but I also love changing out the fruits and making different types of loaves. This Spiced Pear Loaf gives me a peek into the fall with its hints of cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger; the sweet pear chunks added in… oh so delicious!
This bread uses milk and oil in addition to the pear chunks to give it just the right amount of moisture. Use a 1:1 ratio of whole wheat flour and oats for a healthy balance of carbs, and just enough brown sugar to combine with the warm spices to bring fall home any time of the year!
Use this loaf for a snack during recess, packed in your lunchboxes, or even as a sweet treat post meals. So delicious and scrumptious, you have to try it out!
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this delicious treat!
Spiced Pear Loaf
1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c milk
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla exract
- 2 med pears, ripe, cored, peeled, diced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine milk and oats and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together including the spices.
- In a separate bowl, cream together oil and brown sugar. Add in the egg and beat well. Add in the vanilla extract and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Gently fold in chopped pears.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown crust and toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
© 2020 Copyright A Li'l Bit of Spice