Thick and creamy chia pudding layered with shredded coconut, mango chunks, and roasted pistachios. The fresh tropical flavors for a healthy breakfast will become your favorite way to start the day!
Mango has been on my mind lately as I’ve been seeing in the grocery stores and at our local corner farm stands. Adding them to my chia pudding has become my favorite breakfast lately. The sweet chunks of mango, combined with the nutty flavor of coconut, and the salty pistachios….Mmmmmmm.
Chia pudding is very neutral in flavor which is why I love eating it. I can add any flavor profile to the pudding and it will soak it right up. Adding the pistachios gives the creamy pudding a perfect crunchy balance.
Are Chia Seeds Healthy?
YES! It is extremely healthy. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Nutrition Content (per 2 Tbsp of seeds)
- Low in calories (138 calories)
- 5 gm protein
- 10 gm fiber
- 14% of DRI Calcium
- 12% DRI Iron
- Loaded with antioxidants
- High fiber and protein content can help support weight loss
- High in Omega-3s which are known to help lower risk of heart disease
- Good source of calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous all of which are important to maintain bone mineral density. This indicates that eating chia seeds can help keep your bones strong.
- Due to their high fiber content, chia seeds can help reduce blood sugar levels.
So now that you know how healthy chia seeds/pudding is for you, what ingredients do you need to make it?
Honestly, I love this recipe because it is so easy to make and to make in advance! A handful of ingredients and some creative toppings is all you need.
- Chia seeds
- Milk: I use Almond Coconut Milk as it lends a sweet flavor without added sugar. For this particular recipe, I did use coconut milk for the tropical flavor to give it an extra boost. Regular milk works as well.
- Vanilla Extract: just a small splash is all you need.
- Pinch of Salt: literally, a small pinch. This is to balance out the sweetness of the milk and vanilla.
- Shredded Coconut: Layered in between the pudding, it adds an extra nutty flavor.
- Mango Chunks: The key is to have them ripe and sweet.
- Roasted, Salted Pistachios: These are the cherry on top of this pudding! The balance of the sweet and salty just takes it to a whole other level!
Other toppings that you can add:
- Pineapple Chunks
- Macadamia Nuts
- Passion Fruit
- Dragon Fruit