I think hands down, these are one of my favorite holiday foods. I’ve had so many and I don’t think I can tire of them. Snacking is one of my favorite activities. These delicious tostadas make it so much easier as they are low in calorie, healthy, and guilt-free.
High in fiber, antioxidants, a good source of protein, and rich in vitamins and minerals, these delicious Tinseltown Tostadas definitely pack a punch!
Between the Serrano peppers and the watermelon radish, there were some strong flavors. I knew I wanted to use the pomegranate arils to give it a sweet note (and make it look pretty).
But it needed depth so I played around with a few options before settling on the hummus and avocado. And yet the radish was still giving off a bit of a pungent taste and therein comes the smear of pesto.
There are so many random flavors that they work despite wanting to prove the opposite.
Make these delicious Tinseltown Tostadas this holiday season and you won’t be able to stop eating them. From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy them!
- 1 watermelon radish , washed and trimmed
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1/3 c hummus
- 1 avocado, diced into small chunks
- 2 Serrano peppers, sliced (remove seeds for a less spicy option)
- 1/4 c pomegranate arils
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the watermelon radish to the thickness of a penny.
- Arrange the radishes in a platter.
- Using a small spoon, smear a little of the pesto across the middle of the radish.
- Drop about a 1/2 tsp dollop of hummus on top of the pesto.
- Add a couple of small chunks on top of the hummus.
- Top off with a slice of Serrano pepper
- Garnish with pomegranate arils
- Serve right away