The hubby loves his mushrooms. I on the other hand am not the biggest fan of them. So when we got married and he found out I didn’t like them, he was a bit devastated. BUT, I still make them occasionally….. especially when he comes home with a large container of them.
I secretly like it when he comes home with so many mushrooms because that means I have to get creative with them. This time around, he brought home baby bellas and they were larger than usual, which is perfect because I knew I wanted to stuff them right away!
I didn’t want to use too much cheese in the filling, and like anything, I want to pack a punch of flavor so I opened my fridge and stared at it for a few minutes. Seriously, I just stood and stared. And my eyes fell on a container of chives and onions cream cheese so I knew that was going to pull it all together!
I also added red bell peppers (for color and crunch) and some paprika and cayenne pepper for a kick. The hubby, and my sis-in-law Shivani, loved these! Score!
They are pretty quick to make and don’t require much effort. Go ahead, try them out.
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this!
- 12oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 c red bell peppers, finely minced
- 4oz cream cheese, chive and onion flavor
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ c Italian seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Pop out the stems of the mushrooms and mince them.
- Heat a skillet on medium flame and add oil to it.
- Add in the garlic and roast for 30 seconds.
- Add in the minced mushroom stems, bell peppers and spices. Cook for 3-5 minutes until they are tender.
- Remove pan from heat and add let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Combine the mixture with cream cheese.
- Using a small spoon, stuff the mushrooms with the cream cheese mix.
- Top each mushroom with bread crumbs.
- Transfer stuffed mushrooms to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.