Jump to recipe
Breakfast, on the go snack, or even a treat for the holidays, these Cranberry Orange Muffins are the perfect addition to your day. Each bite is filled with fresh cranberries, moist, tangy, and bursting with flavor.
Two weeks ago, on the morning of Diwali, my baby nephew was welcomed to this world. He is the most adorable addition to our family! While my sister-in-law was pregnant, they nicknamed him Cranberry. It is in my little Cranberry’s honor that I have dedicated this delicious recipe to him.
Each bite is filled with orange juice, fresh cranberries, and a little cinnamon streusel on top. With just the right amount of sweetness, and definitely better than the ones bought in store, these muffins are so gratifying.
A Few Tips:
- If you don’t have fresh cranberries, frozen cranberries work just as well. If you’re using frozen cranberries, don’t them ahead of time, otherwise it will ruin the batter.
- Don’t use a mixer for this recipe as it could result in over mixing the batter. A little elbow grease and a whisk should do the trick.
- Store these muffins in the fridge for up to 5 days and freeze them for up to 2 months.
Cranberry Orange Muffins with a Cinnamon Streusel
For the Batter:
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ c sugar
- 1/3 c yogurt
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ c oil*
- 1 ½ c cranberries, fresh or frozen
For the Streusel Topping:
- 2/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ c unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and line standard muffin pan with paper or silicone liners and set aside.
For the Streusel:
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Use your fingers to combine if needed. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to use.
For the Muffins:
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, sugar until combined.
- Whisk in yogurt, orange juice, and oil.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk everything together.
- Gently fold in the cranberries into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 of each cup. Cover generously with streusel topping.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
*I used EVOO but you can use canola oil also.
* The streusel tastes delicious but these muffins are good with or without the extra topping. Try it both ways!
© 2023 Copyright A Li\'l Bit of Spice