Soft, moist, light, creamy, and a little crunchy, this pistachio cake has it all! Fresh ground pistachios in the cake with some more drizzled over the top gives it a perfect crunch.
I’ve made this delicious cake several times but every time, we dig in right away and never get a chance to photograph it. With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, I knew I wanted to make it again…. I just needed to make it at 6:30am so that I would actually be able to take photos to share with all of you.
The pudding mix makes this cake really moist which I love. Add to that the fresh pistachios and the almond extract which enhances the nutty flavor, you just may become addicted to this cake like we have.
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this delicious Pistachio Pudding Bundt Cake!
Pistachio Pudding Bundt Cake
1 hour, 10 minutes
For the cake batter:
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c milk
- ¼ c oil ( I like to use olive)
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c shelled pistachios, ground
- 7 drops green food coloring (optional)
For the frosting:
- 2 c confectioner's sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 c shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add in the water, oil, and milk and mix until well combined. Add in the pudding mix and the vanilla and almond extract and mix well.
- If you are choosing to add the food coloring, add it in at this point..
- Now add in the cake mix and mix well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Fold in the pistachios and mix gently.
- Transfer the batter to greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
For the Frosting:
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk gently into a thick syrup consistency. Pour over the cake when it has completely cooled. Garnish with chopped pistachios.
© 2021 Copyright A Li\'l Bit of Spice
Here are the tools I used to make this recipe: