This Spinach, Pear, and Pomegranate Salad is light, hearty, delicious, loaded with feta and candied pecans, and exceptionally healthy.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I love eating in color. And this salad offers plenty of rich, vibrant colors that I can eat to my heart’s content. Besides being a beautiful salad, it also is:
- Rich in iron, Vit. C and E, potassium, and magnesium.
- It has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- A gratifying balance between the sweet pomegranates, pears and the tangy feta.
- The crunchy candied pecans are perfectly coated and toasted to give just a whisper of risqué to this healthy salad.
- Finally, a homemade Maple Dijon Dressing that takes less than 5 minutes to make but that completely changes the flavor profile of the salad.
Candied pecans are one of my favorite types of nuts. I love roasting nuts with different seasonings, sweet or savory. In fact, I’ve even added a hint of cayenne to this recipe on occasion just for a little kick (pun intended).
I also tend to double up on the dressing recipe so that I can use it throughout the week for more salads. Make it a meal and add some rotisserie or baked chicken.