This Spinach, Pear, and Pomegranate Salad is light, hearty, delicious, loaded with feta and candied pecans, and exceptionally healthy.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I love eating in color. And this salad offers plenty of rich, vibrant colors that I can eat to my heart’s content. Besides being a beautiful salad, it also is:
- Rich in iron, Vit. C and E, potassium, and magnesium.
- It has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- A gratifying balance between the sweet pomegranates, pears and the tangy feta.
- The crunchy candied pecans are perfectly coated and toasted to give just a whisper of risqué to this healthy salad.
- Finally, a homemade Maple Dijon Dressing that takes less than 5 minutes to make but that completely changes the flavor profile of the salad.
Candied pecans are one of my favorite types of nuts. I love roasting nuts with different seasonings, sweet or savory. In fact, I’ve even added a hint of cayenne to this recipe on occasion just for a little kick (pun intended).
I also tend to double up on the dressing recipe so that I can use it throughout the week for more salads. Make it a meal and add some rotisserie or baked chicken.
Spinach, Pear, and Pomegranate Salad
For the Candied Pecans:
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 c pecan halves
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
For the Maple Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Spinach Salad
- 8-9 ounces baby spinach
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- ¾ c pomegranate arils
- ½ c feta cheese
For the Candied Pecans:
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium to medium low heat. Add the sugar and stir until melted.
- Add the pecans, cinnamon, and cayenne if using. Cook, stirring frequently, until the pecans start to toast. About 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a parchment paper to cool. About 10 minutes.
For the Maple Dijon dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mason jar and shake well until emulsified.
To assemble the salad:
- Divide spinach into 4 bowls.
- Add 1/2 pear sliced into each bowl.
- Top with pomegranate arils, feta cheese, and candied pecans.
- Finally, drizzle maple dijon dressing and serve right away.
2 thoughts on “Spinach, Pear, and Pomegranate Salad”
[…] Spinach, Pear, and Pomegranate Salad — A Li’l Bit of Spice […]
Looks delicious and healthy 😋