One of the best things about the Fall season is pumpkin bread. The spices and the aroma when you are baking it compares to no other. It makes me feel so warm and cozy and ready for the winter.
I love this pumpkin bread recipe because:
- It’s moist
- Easy to make
- Isn’t too dense
- Has all the Fall spices: Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, & Nutmeg
- Fun to make with the kids
Here’s a little trick….. to keep it moist, I added applesauce to the batter. You can’t taste it but it makes the pumpkin bread so much better!
The girls have been eating it in the mornings with breakfast and I love having a slice in the afternoon with my cuppa chai. It’s perfect to snack on any time of the day! And with the holidays right around the corner, make an extra batch for a relative or neighbor. What a great gift to give too!
If you like this Pumpkin Bread recipe, try out….
My Spiced Pear Loaf and Zucchini Bread.
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Bread!
- 1/2 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1/3 c water
- 1/2 c applesauce, unsweetened, plain
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, applesauce, and sugar until well blended to a smooth, creamy texture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Mix well to incorporate.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin puree and mix until well combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
*To make this vegan, switch out the eggs with flax seeds.
For 1 egg = 1 Tbsp flax seeds + 3 Tbsp water