I was never a big ramen fan until my sister-in-law Sarika took me to this tiny little ramen restaurant in Oakland. I can’t stress enough how good that ramen was. It was simply delicious with layers of flavor in the broth and each bite just filling you with warmth and comfort.
Recently, Taste Republic and I decided to partner together to come up with some new recipes and when I saw their gluten free linguini, I knew I wanted to make ramen with it instantly. Fresh pasta that are thin enough to substitute for traditional ramen noodles and they cook in just 3 minutes!
This recipe literally took me less than 30 minutes to make and part of the reason is I used rotisserie chicken. A perfect weeknight recipe that’s a little different from having to precook in an instant pot or slow cooker (don’t get me wrong, I love both of those devices!) and you can still make a delicious meal in 30 minutes – yes please!
Here are a few more weeknight meals you may enjoy:
Greek Tortellini Salad
15 minute Masala Pasta
Sausage & Zucchini Linguini
Roasted Garden Salad
Instant Pot Tortilla Soup
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Easy Chicken Ramen with GF Noodles
- 5 c chicken broth
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2" knob of ginger, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili flakes
- 1/3 c soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 c mirin*
- 6 oz mushrooms
- 1 9 oz package of Taste Republic gluten free linguini
- 4 eggs
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 c spinach
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp spring onions, sliced
- sesame seeds to garnish
- In a deep pot boil water for the eggs. For soft boiled eggs, cook for 7 minutes then transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking. For hard boiled, cook for 13 minutes then transfer to an ice bath.
- To make the ramen broth, combine the garlic (with 1 tsp set aside for the spinach), ginger, 4 Tbsp soy sauce, mirin, chili flakes and broth in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat the sesame oil and cook the remaining 1 tsp garlic for 30 seconds. Add in the remaining soy sauce and spinach and saute for 1-2 minutes. Do not let the spinach completely wilt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When you've removed the eggs from the water, add in the noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the noodles and transfer them directly to your bowls.
- Add in the broth, chicken, spinach, mushrooms and eggs. Top with spring onions, chili flakes and sesame seeds.
*If you cannot find mirin, you can always substitute with a dry sherry or sweet marsala wine. You can also use dry white wine or rice vinegar but be sure to add 1/2 tsp of sugar for every Tbsp of liquid.
To make this recipe Vegan/Vegetarian: replace chicken broth with low sodium veggie broth. Omit chicken and add tofu.
© 2021 Copyright A Li\'l Bit of Spice
What you’ll need:
*Disclaimer: I have partnered with Taste Republic to use their gluten free pastas for my 30 minute meal series. This recipe is a product of that partnership.
*This is an ad post.
All I can say is that things are getting crazier! My first born is starting Kindergarten tomorrow and though it’s going to be different because she’s going to be upstairs in her room instead of at a new school with new friends, I’m still an emotional wreck! I just can’t believe she’s grown so much! Where’s my baby that I brought home from the hospital? I have a 5 year old now!
Let’s talk food so I don’t have to think about that… for now. This dish actually does take 15 minutes to make. No joke. How? Because I use Taste Republic‘s gluten free, fresh fusili pasta. The more I try their fresh pastas, the more I’m loving them. So far, the cauliflower linguini, tortellini, and now the fusili have been on point! Even better, because it is fresh pasta, it takes 3 minutes to cook!
Once upon a time, the girls would eat nothing but red sauce with their pasta. Then it went to green (pesto). Then brown butter. We are now back to the red sauce which I am thankful for because this masala pasta uses marinara sauce combined with spices to give it an Indian twist.
Here are some ingredients that are key to this pasta:
Taste Republic Gluten Free Fusili – fresh pasta that is great with taste and time!
Frozen Mixed Vegetables – this is my first hack to make this dish in under 15 minutes.
Favorite Marinara Sauce – I use whatever jar I have opened in my fridge and it works perfect
Indian spices: cayenne pepper, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder – this give the pasta additional depth of flavor. Add just enough to give it a hint not take over the dish!
This fusion dish is amazing because of the mix of flavors and how quickly you can put it together. Try it out and bring a little of India and a little of Italy to your home.
From our kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this 15 Minute Masala Pasta!
- 1 9oz package Taste Republic gluten free fusili
- 1 med onion, chopped finely
- 1 bell pepper, chopped finely
- ¼ c frozen mixed veggies
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (about 1½ pounds) your favorite pasta sauce
- ¼ tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
- ¼ tsp haldi (turmeric)
- ½ tsp lal mirch (cayenne pepper)
- ¾ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Avocado (or Olive) Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a sauce pot, heat oil on medium flame. Add in the carom seeds.
- When they splutter, add in the onions and sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the turmeric, and let it bloom for about 30 seconds.
- Once the turmeric has mixed in well, add in all the veggies. Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes or until they are tender.
- Add in the rest of the spices and mix well.
- While the veggies continue to cook, add pasta to boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer them directly to the pasta sauce when cooked. Toss gently so all the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with garlic naan or garlic bread.
© 2021 Copyright A Li\'l Bit of Spice
If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll know I’m all about healthy and easy recipes that taste delicious. With school starting around the corner, remote learning set for us and as new Kindergarten parents, I’m trying to stay ahead of the game and put together meals that take less than 30 minutes so I can focus on my family.
When Taste Republic and I partnered together to create some delicious recipes with their fresh, gluten free pastas, I knew I was going to hit the spot with all of my cooking goals (it took me about 20 minutes to make this one – also because I kept having to add ingredients that were “disappearing”). I have been having so much fun trying out all the different ones that they have and their 4 cheese tortellini is one of my favorites!
The tortellinis are so delicious, light, and filling. You can taste how fresh they are and they cook in just 5 minutes! I did add a few twists to this salad which take it to a whole new level.
Here’s what you need to make this Greek Tortellini Salad:
Cheese Tortellini – fresh gluten free tortellini made by Taste Republic works so well with this recipe but if you don’t have access, you can use any fresh or frozen tortellini.
Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
Fresh Basil – yep, this takes the flavor up to a whole other level
Greek Salad Dressing – I added quite a few seasonings and some red chili flakes to mine to give it an additional layer of flavor
If you have little helpers in the kitchen like I do who eat most of my ingredients as I’m cooking (they call it quality control), then I suggest increasing the quantity. I’ve lost pretty much every single veggie in this salad to my little munchkins and it makes my heart full that they love eating this salad as much as I do.
This Greek Tortellini Salad is great to eat right away or even if you refrigerate it and have it at a later time. It can keep in the fridge for up to 2 days, but if you are planning on eating it later, I recommend adding the feta right before you are ready to eat it.
A perfect salad for the summer, you can make this for about any event! Serve it for lunch or dinner, take it on a picnic, as a side for a barbecue, or even some backyard camping!
Check out Taste Republic for a store near you to enjoy their amazing fresh, gluten free pastas.
From our kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this delicious salad!
For the salad:
- 1 9 oz package Taste Republic GF Tortellini
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 c cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 c cucumbers, diced
- 1 c basil leaves, sliced
- 1 c olives, sliced
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c crumbled feta
For the dressing:
- 1/4 c Avocado Oil
- 3 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp stone ground dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
For the Salad:
- Boil the Tortellini according to package instructions. drain and let cool while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add all the veggies together.
- Add in the tortellini and feta.
For the dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar with a tight lid. Shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes to combine and emulsify all of the ingredients.
- Pour dressing over Salad and toss to combine all the ingredients.
© 2021 Copyright A Li\'l Bit of Spice