*This is an ad post.
All I can say is that things are getting crazier! My first born is starting Kindergarten tomorrow and though it’s going to be different because she’s going to be upstairs in her room instead of at a new school with new friends, I’m still an emotional wreck! I just can’t believe she’s grown so much! Where’s my baby that I brought home from the hospital? I have a 5 year old now!
Let’s talk food so I don’t have to think about that… for now. This dish actually does take 15 minutes to make. No joke. How? Because I use Taste Republic‘s gluten free, fresh fusili pasta. The more I try their fresh pastas, the more I’m loving them. So far, the cauliflower linguini, tortellini, and now the fusili have been on point! Even better, because it is fresh pasta, it takes 3 minutes to cook!
Once upon a time, the girls would eat nothing but red sauce with their pasta. Then it went to green (pesto). Then brown butter. We are now back to the red sauce which I am thankful for because this masala pasta uses marinara sauce combined with spices to give it an Indian twist.
Here are some ingredients that are key to this pasta:
Taste Republic Gluten Free Fusili – fresh pasta that is great with taste and time!
Frozen Mixed Vegetables – this is my first hack to make this dish in under 15 minutes.
Favorite Marinara Sauce – I use whatever jar I have opened in my fridge and it works perfect
Indian spices: cayenne pepper, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder – this give the pasta additional depth of flavor. Add just enough to give it a hint not take over the dish!
This fusion dish is amazing because of the mix of flavors and how quickly you can put it together. Try it out and bring a little of India and a little of Italy to your home.
From our kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this 15 Minute Masala Pasta!
30 minute Masala Pasta
- 1 9oz package Taste Republic gluten free fusili
- 1 med onion, chopped finely
- 1 bell pepper, chopped finely
- ¼ c frozen mixed veggies
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (about 1½ pounds) your favorite pasta sauce
- ¼ tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
- ¼ tsp haldi (turmeric)
- ½ tsp lal mirch (cayenne pepper)
- ¾ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Avocado (or Olive) Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a sauce pot, heat oil on medium flame. Add in the carom seeds.
- When they splutter, add in the onions and sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the turmeric, and let it bloom for about 30 seconds.
- Once the turmeric has mixed in well, add in all the veggies. Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes or until they are tender.
- Add in the rest of the spices and mix well.
- While the veggies continue to cook, add pasta to boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer them directly to the pasta sauce when cooked. Toss gently so all the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with garlic naan or garlic bread.
3 thoughts on “15 minute Masala Pasta”
[…] 15 minute Masala Pasta Make a batch of this pasta sauce filled with veggies and delicious spices to freeze and use for any meal. Combine it with your gluten free or fresh pasta and you will have a veggie loaded pasta that even fussy kids will eat in less than 15 minutes! […]
Wow! This was a hit in our house! Easy, so flavorful and healthy!!! I doubled the recipe and sadly it was gone in less than 24 hours! Rob says this needs to be a go to weeknight meal in our house!!! Thank you!!!!
Woah this looks fabulous! I can’t wait to try!!!!