I was never a big ramen fan until my sister-in-law Sarika took me to this tiny little ramen restaurant in Oakland. I can’t stress enough how good that ramen was. It was simply delicious with layers of flavor in the broth and each bite just filling you with warmth and comfort.
Recently, Taste Republic and I decided to partner together to come up with some new recipes and when I saw their gluten free linguini, I knew I wanted to make ramen with it instantly. Fresh pasta that are thin enough to substitute for traditional ramen noodles and they cook in just 3 minutes!
This recipe literally took me less than 30 minutes to make and part of the reason is I used rotisserie chicken. A perfect weeknight recipe that’s a little different from having to precook in an instant pot or slow cooker (don’t get me wrong, I love both of those devices!) and you can still make a delicious meal in 30 minutes – yes please!
Here are a few more weeknight meals you may enjoy:
Greek Tortellini Salad
15 minute Masala Pasta
Sausage & Zucchini Linguini
Roasted Garden Salad
Instant Pot Tortilla Soup
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Easy Chicken Ramen with GF Noodles
- 5 c chicken broth
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2" knob of ginger, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili flakes
- 1/3 c soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 c mirin*
- 6 oz mushrooms
- 1 9 oz package of Taste Republic gluten free linguini
- 4 eggs
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 c spinach
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp spring onions, sliced
- sesame seeds to garnish
- In a deep pot boil water for the eggs. For soft boiled eggs, cook for 7 minutes then transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking. For hard boiled, cook for 13 minutes then transfer to an ice bath.
- To make the ramen broth, combine the garlic (with 1 tsp set aside for the spinach), ginger, 4 Tbsp soy sauce, mirin, chili flakes and broth in a sauce pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat the sesame oil and cook the remaining 1 tsp garlic for 30 seconds. Add in the remaining soy sauce and spinach and saute for 1-2 minutes. Do not let the spinach completely wilt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When you've removed the eggs from the water, add in the noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the noodles and transfer them directly to your bowls.
- Add in the broth, chicken, spinach, mushrooms and eggs. Top with spring onions, chili flakes and sesame seeds.
*If you cannot find mirin, you can always substitute with a dry sherry or sweet marsala wine. You can also use dry white wine or rice vinegar but be sure to add 1/2 tsp of sugar for every Tbsp of liquid.
To make this recipe Vegan/Vegetarian: replace chicken broth with low sodium veggie broth. Omit chicken and add tofu.
*Disclaimer: I have partnered with Taste Republic to use their gluten free pastas for my 30 minute meal series. This recipe is a product of that partnership.
2 thoughts on “Easy Chicken Ramen with GF Noodles”
[…] Easy Chicken Ramen with GF Noodles For those rainy nights, this Ramen is the perfect way to cuddle up and enjoy a warm broth filled with veggies and gluten free fresh pasta noodles. The best part, it takes less than 30 minutes to make! […]
This soup looks amazing. I want to make it right now but don’t have all the ingredients. Can’t wait to make this.