I love potatoes. In any form. I don’t discriminate. They are just so uber delicious. But so unhealthy! Ugh! I wish I could eat them all the time. However…… the few times that I do have them, I make sure they count!
I started making these potato wedges years back (in the oven as I didn’t have an air fryer then) and to this day, they are still a no fail recipe that I can always count on! I do love the fact that they are crispier on the outside while retaining a soft, creamy inside. If you don’t have an air fryer, don’t fret! The oven still does a great job cooking these babies!
It’s an extremely simple recipe that doesn’t require much. This is all you need:
- Russet potatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
- Dried Parsley
These potato wedges are a favorite among everyone in the house from the kiddos to the adults, you just can’t go wrong. Eat them for a snack, a side dish for meats, have part of your next BBQ, an app at a party, pretty much for any occasion, big or small.
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy these Herbed Potato Wedges!
Herbed Potato Wedges 2 Ways
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp Avocado or Olive Oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Slice each potato into 4 quarters lengthwise.
- Soak all the wedges in cold water for 20 minutes to remove some of the starch.
- Drain the water and pat dry the wedges with a towel.
- In a bowl, combine all of the spices with the oil and mix well.
- Add the dried potato wedges into the seasoning and toss well to make sure each wedge is coated completely.
For the Air Fryer:
- Preheat Air Fryer at 400 degrees F for 3 minutes. Arrange the wedges in a single layer and cook at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from fryer and use any leftover oil to brush on the wedges.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip.
For Oven Baked:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Add wedges to baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, tossing the wedges halfway through to make sure they get an even bake.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip!
*It is important to pat dry the potato wedges after you have soaked them otherwise the oils and seasoning will not stick to it.
© 2021 Copyright A Li\'l Bit of Spice
The tools that I used to create this dish are: