Roasting vegetables is one of my favorite ways to eat any vegetable. Having several different colors and cooking them together is the best in my book! You get plenty of vitamins and minerals and the different colors are just so pretty to look at! These Roasted Rainbow Veggies are the perfect way to serve your veggies for adults and kids, making them fun, easy, and healthy.
Rainbows have always been popular in our home, with me always telling my girls to eat their colors and the girls loving anything to do with rainbows, unicorns, and princesses. Roasting the veggies in a rainbow on a sheet pan is about the easiest recipe I have ever made. The vast array of vitamins and minerals that we get to eat with our dinner makes this one of my healthiest recipes.
For my colors, I chose beets, carrots, yellow squash, asparagus, and purple potato. You don’t have to stick to those same colors. Honestly, go for what you find in your fridge. Here are a few ideas to get you started for your own Roasted Rainbow Veggies:
RED: beets, tomatoes, red bell pepper
ORANGE: carrots, butternut squash, acorn squash, pumpkin
YELLOW: yellow squash, yellow bell pepper, golden beets, yellow onions
GREEN: zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, brussels sprouts
BLUE/PURPLE: purple sweet potatoes, purple carrots, eggplant, purple onions
So now that you have options, how do you make your own Roasted Rainbow Veggies? All you need is a good chopping board, a sharp knife, and a sheet pan. As to the flavors, my standard is to add a little dried oregano for taste with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes (times do vary based on the type of veggies you choose), and serve it up with any dinner.
I can’t wait to see what veggies you chose to make your rainbow. Be sure to let me know in the comments or tag me on Instagram or Facebook!
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy these quick, delicious, and healthy Roasted Rainbow Veggies!
- 1 large beet, peeled and chopped in 1" cubes
- 3-4 med sized carrots, peeled, sliced in rounds
- 1 yellow squash, chopped in half moons
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped in 1" pieces
- 1 purple sweet potato, peeled and chopped in 1" cubes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange all the veggies on a sheet pan, then drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Give the veggies a quick toss to incorporate the oil and seasoning.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
© 2022 Copyright A Li\'l Bit of Spice
Here are the tools I used for this recipe: