The perfect afternoon snack with your cup of coffee or chai. Soft and moist muffins filled with pumpkin flavor and loaded with chai spices, this muffin is sure to be your new fall favorite.
Pumpkin is in the air around me wherever I turn and I’m loving it. I love them because they are not too sweet, perfectly moist and tender, and have a hint of salt to balance the sweetness. The girls gobbled these down within seconds which made me super happy. For me, it was hard to not eat the whole batch but they were so delicious with my cup of chai!
WHY THE CHAI SPICE AND WHAT IS IT?
Chai spice is a blend of spices used to make masala chai. Usually they are used as whole spices pounded down in a mortar and pestle to add in the chai. For this muffin mix, I used the ground powder version of the spices. The spices bring a warm and earthy note to the muffins that I love.
WHAT SPICES ARE USED?
- Nutmeg (I don’t usually use this for chai but I love adding it to my baked goods as it balances the use of cinnamon)
If you are not a big fan of chai spices, you can substitute with a bit of pumpkin spice. The flavor will still be amazing.
Looking for more fall bread recipes? Try out some of my favorites:
Apple Pie Bread
Spiced Pear Loaf
Chai Spice Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 3/4 c dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
For the chai spice mix:
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with liners and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the chai spices together and mix well.
- Add the AP flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, and pumpkin puree.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the muffin liners 3/4 of the way and top with roasted, salted pumpkin seeds.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack until completely cool.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or in fridge for up to 1 week.
**Substitute 1 Tbsp all spice or pumpkin spice in place of the chai spice mix.
3 thoughts on “Chai Spice Pumpkin Muffins”
[…] to the meal to bulk it up a little. Looking for more muffin recipes? Check out some of these: Chai Spice Pumpkin Muffins Popeye Muffins Breakfast Oat […]
[…] for more cookie platter ideas? Chai Spice Pumpkin Muffins Mango Lassi Loaf Cake Vegan Amaretti Cookies Pumpkin […]
[…] Chai Spice Pumpkin Muffins — A Li’l Bit of Spice […]