Delicious, easy, and filling tacos that are warm and crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
These crispy tacos have become a family favorite recently. I love it because I can make them for a crowd, pack them for lunch, or even serve for dinner. They are incredibly filling and so easy to make that it seems unbelievable.
Whenever Taco Tuesday rolls around, the whole family gets excited. Especially Aishani. She’s a crispy anything lover so she was extremely excited about these crispy tacos. What makes me happy is the filling on this one. Normally I set out a taco bar so each person can make their own tacos. With these babies, I don’t have to worry about prepping toppings or cleaning so many bowls and dishes post dinner.
So I know that I have been raving about how easy this recipe is but I also need to talk to you about how healthy it is! With 6 gm protein and 5 gm fiber in each taco, you can’t go wrong.
What’s better is that you can meal prep the beans. Make them on the weekend and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. When it’s time to make your tacos, you only spend a few minutes filling the tortillas and frying up the tacos. Another alternative is pre-fill the tacos then place them in a ziploc bag and freeze them. Take them out when you are ready to eat them. All that is left to do is crisp them up.
As for serving them, I put out a delicious avocado cilantro lime sauce that almost has a creamy texture that is a great dip for almost any appetizer. Much healthier for sure and made in 2 minutes with fresh ingredients. You can also use salsa or even a garlic sriracha aioli to serve the tacos with.
Looking for more taco ideas for your next Taco Tuesday? Check out these delicious recipes:
Blackened Fish Tacos with a Garlic Sriracha Aioli
Fire Roasted Poblano Tacos
Crispy Chickpeas and Sweet Potato Tacos
Crispy Black Bean Tacos
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 c fresh salsa
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 8 medium sized flour tortillas
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
For the Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- 1 Avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, keep stems
- juice of 1 lime
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 3/4 c Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c yogurt
For the filling:
- Combine the black beans, taco seasoning, and salsa in the blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds until the beans are ground.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add the blended bean mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes to let the spices bloom.
- Remove from heat when done.
- Fill half of each tortilla with bean filling and fold over. In another skillet, heat olive oil and add tacos. Cook each side 1-2 minutes until crispy.
For the sauce:
- Combine all of the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If the texture is too thick, add water 1 Tbsp at a time until you get your desired consistency.
- Serve the crispy tacos hot with sauce on the side.
Here are the tools I used for this recipe:
2 thoughts on “Crispy Black Bean Tacos”
[…] Crispy Black Bean Tacos — A Li’l Bit of Spice […]