A DECADENT Date Smoothie that is creamy, healthy, naturally sweetened and vegan!
I would never have thought to make a date smoothie until my friend Michelle brought over a bottle of it she picked up downtown. Man it was good but I wanted the convenience of having it whenever I wanted instead of having to run to the store to get it.
This delicious date smoothie is the perfect snack right after a good workout. And with its naturally sweet taste, I don’t crave any treats so a win-win for me. You don’t have to wait for your workout to have this yummy smoothie though! Have it for breakfast, with lunch or an afternoon snack!
There are a few different types of dates out there though I tend to use medjool as often as possible. I love that they are sweeter than others, tender, and softer. Even better, most come pitted so I don’t have to deal with taking the pit out.
If possible, try to get fresh dates as they will be softer and easier to blend. There will be times when you want to use up older dates that may be dried up a little. Don’t fret! Soak your dates in a little warm water for 3-5 minutes and they will instantly soften up.
For this smoothie, I used only 5 ingredients! Can it get any easier?!
- Dates (softer the better)
- Non-Dairy Milk (I love to use the Toasted Coconut Almond Milk. It gives a sweeter and nuttier flavor)
- Vanilla (just a splash goes a long way)
- Chia seeds
- Salt (just to make all of the flavors shine a little brighter)
You can totally add protein powder or nut/seed butter to this for a healthy dose of protein.
Need more recipes with dates or smoothies? Check these out:
A “Date” with Granola
Avocado Banana Smoothie
Almond Cacao Energy Bites
Tropical Fruit Smoothie
- 1 c toasted coconut almond milk
- 3-4 medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 45 seconds or until all of the ingredients are blend to a smooth and creamy texture.
Here are the tools I used for this recipe:
2 thoughts on “Date Smoothie”
[…] Date Smoothie […]
Great idea for breakfast.