Crunchy, creamy, spicy, tangy, with just a hint of sweet, these Guacamole Chaat Tostadas are the perfect marriage between Indian and Mexican cuisine!
This fusion between Indian and Mexican flavors is one of the best! Honestly, there are times when I think that there is some connection between our cuisines because so many ingredients are the same. Naturally, the idea of these tostadas was something that needed to happen, I just had a bit of time combining the perfect ingredients.
And when I did….. oh boy!
So how did I combine these two? Take a look:
- Crunchy Tostada Shells – these are oh so necessary for the perfect base!
- Fresh Guacamole – The creaminess of the avocado balances out all of the different textures
- Red Kidney Beans – WHAT?! Yep. I know the traditional use would have been black beans, but I love the texture of these, the way they blend in and absorb the myriad of other flavors and add just enough protein combined with the guacamole
- Masala Pico de Gallo – You read that right! I gave the traditional pico a twist by adding some chaat masala and kashmiri mirch (cayenne pepper)
- Shredded Red Cabbage – for the color, crunch, and to stabilize the spice so that it doesn’t get out of control
- Sev – crispy, gram flour noodles that are a must in practically most chaats that I eat
- Jalapenos – thinly sliced for garnish and a bit of pungency
- Pomegranate Arils – just a hint of sweet to balance out all of the masalas and the tangy lemon juice.
- Cilantro – to garnish because I don’t think the Mexican or Indian cuisines could stand without this garnish!
These Guacamole Chaat Tostadas are perfect to create for a bar – just have all of the toppings out and everyone can make their own, or an afternoon lunch, or your next family get together! Honestly, I’m craving some right now as I’m telling you about these delicious babies!
So….what are you waiting for?! Go try to make these already! Let me know what you think when you try it out! Tag me on Facebook or Instagram or drop a comment below.