This Creamy Vegan White Bean Soup is a healthy one-pot soup that will fill you up, give you energy, and is full of flavor!
The white beans are the core of this soup because they are naturally creamy and help give substance to this recipe. I recently learned a great trick to make a soup creamy without extra fat from cream and keeping this recipe vegan. Take some of the beans and a little broth and blend them in the blender to a smooth and creamy consistency. Add this back to the soup and it makes the perfect base for this delicious soup! I just might use this trick for a lot of my recipes now.
Many of the ingredients for this recipe are probably already in your pantry making it an easy weeknight meal. And what’s more, there is 15 gm of protein per serving in this soup from the beans! What do you need to make this soup? Check it out:
- White Beans – use navy, Cannellini, or Great Northern. They all are creamy and loaded with protein and perfect for this soup. (I did also use a can of chickpeas because I love them).
- Onions, carrots, and garlic – which form the base of the soup. They are the perfect aromatics.
- Herbs – I used fresh rosemary and parsley because they brighten up the soup. Dried herbs work also if you’re in a pinch but I highly recommend fresh for the flavor.
- Spinach – because I love the vibrant color and the additional nutrition it provides.
- Vegetable Broth – use one with low sodium so you can control the salt in your soup.
- Lemon – a little zest and juice zing up the soup in the most perfect way!
- Red Chili Flakes – I love the kick it gives with each bite.
This Creamy White Bean Soup is perfect for cold wintery days. It’s a thick hearty soup that is vegan, gluten free, and a great one-pot weeknight meal.
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Creamy White Bean Soup recipe or any other recipe on ALi’lBitofSpice, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!