Who doesn’t love ice cream? And this delicious and timeless combination is perfect to surprise your significant other or loved ones for a great Valentine’s day (or any special day) dessert.
It’s luscious, creamy, tasty, and has this gorgeous pink hue from the rose syrup that is so pretty! The best part, I didn’t have to cook it and I spent less than 10 minutes making it! The hardest part was waiting for the ice cream to set!
Pistachios are an evergreen favorite of mine. I add it to anything I can and pistachio ice cream is a favorite of mine. For Valentine’s Day, I wanted to add a little symbol of love to this recipe and what beats roses for love day? As I experimented, the addition of rose syrup was a given but I played around with rose water also because while the syrups lends a sweetness and a beautiful pink color, the rose water is where the aroma comes in. That beautiful, sweet rose flavor makes me think of flowers in the house!
Go ahead, give this a try for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day and I promise you will not be disappointed! The earthy and floral combination is sure to be a hit!
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this delicious Rose Pistachio Ice Cream!
Rose Pistachio Ice Cream
- 480 gm (2 c) heavy whipping cream
- 76.5 gm (1/4 c)sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 Tbsp Rose Syrup
- 300 gm (2 c) pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried rose petals to garnish
- 1 tsp pistachios, finely chopped to garnish
- Chill a large bowl in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Add heavy cream to chilled bowl and beat it until stiff peaks are formed
- Add in the condensed milk, rose water, and rose syrup and continue beating for another 30-45 seconds until thick
- Gently fold in the chopped pistachios
- Pour mixture into a 9x5 loaf pan and cover with saran wrap. Freeze overnight to let the ice cream set
- Garnish with rose petals and ground pistachios before serving
** I have linked the Rose Syrup and Rose Water to purchase online however you can also find it at your local MIddle Eastern or Indian Food Markets.
Here are the tools I used for this recipe:
If you love pistachios as much as I do, try out some of these other recipes:
Pistachio and Goat Cheese Crusted Spicy Lamb Chops
Pomegranate Pistachio Chia Pudding
Herb Roasted Acorn Squash with Pomegranates and Pistachios
Pear Halwa Cake
4 thoughts on “Rose Pistachio Ice Cream”
[…] to come up with something beautiful and delicious that all of us can enjoy. Last year, I made Rose Pistachio Ice Cream which was a huge hit in our house. We still make it even if it isn’t V-Day. Whenever I […]
This ice cream looks soooooo good