A few days ago, my brother and sister-in-law were blessed with an adorable little baby! Throughout her pregnancy, we had nicknamed the baby Blueberry and called him as such. It is in honor of his birth that I dedicate this recipe to my little munchkin. He is so adorable and cute, I’m so excited and lucky to be his aunt!
In the spirit of welcoming the new baby, I made these loaves in mini pans but you can absolutely bake them in a regular 9×5 loaf pan.
Last week, a friend was kind enough to share lemons from her lemon tree and they are absolutely amazing. The juice from the lemons were the perfect complement to brighten up these lovely blueberry loaves. In addition, I added a little yogurt and replaced the sugar with honey to give it just a hint of sweet without overpowering it. The addition of these two ingredients makes the loaves even more fluffy and light.
Pair it with coffee or chai to complement a slice of this delicious loaf for breakfast, snack, or dinner. Once you’ve baked them, they will keep at room temperature for up to 1 week and in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Though, we’re pretty good about making sure they are eaten pretty quickly!
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy these delicious Lemon Blueberry Mini Loaves.
Lemon Blueberry Mini Loaves
- 1 3/4 c AP flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 c yogurt
- 1/4 c oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 3/4 c fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease with cooking spray 4 mini loaf pans and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder and mix well to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs and whisk until you start seeing bubbles and the eggs are light and airy. Add in yogurt, honey, oil, and lemon juice. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until completely combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the blueberries with the remaining 1 Tbsp flour and toss to coat all the blueberries evenly. This process will help prevent the blueberries from sinking.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter with the lemon zest. Be careful to not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to loaf pans and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Loaves will keep at room temperature for up to 1 week and 2 weeks in the fridge.
**To make 1 large loaf, use a 9x5 loaf pan and bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees F.
One thought on “Lemon Blueberry Mini Loaves”