Homemade granola is the best! It’s healthy, you know exactly what ingredients are going into it, and there is so much room to play around with it!
Can you tell I made this one all about the nuts? I added chopped almonds and pistachios to this granola and it tastes so delicious! Crunchy and scrumptious, and the girls an I couldn’t stop eating it.
My favorite part of this granola recipe…. it takes 5 minutes to toss the ingredients together and only 20 minutes in the oven! Yep. Granola in less than 30 minutes. It’s possible people!
If you like this granola recipe, check out my “Date” with Granola recipe. That is a huge hit in our family too!
What to use in a Nutty Granola?
OATS: always a basic ingredient, I use the old fashioned as these are the best to bind. I don’t recommend using the quick oats as they are thinner and (as the name suggests) cook faster which can lead to other ingredients in the granola being partially cooked.
NUTS: any of your favorites will do. Cashews, pecans, and walnuts taste great too! Lately I’ve been on a pistachio and almond craze hence that’s what I used in this one
SWEETENER: traditionally honey or maple syrup is used. In this recipe, I changed it to agave. Any of the three sweeteners work, just substitute it out for a 1:1 ratio.
What can I eat my granola with?
Make a YOGURT PARFAIT with it
Sprinkle it on some vanilla ICE CREAM
Eat it as CEREAL for breakfast with some milk
Indulge in a little bit as an AFTERNOON SNACK
What do I need to make this granola?
Besides the ingredients, all you need is a mixing bowl, spatula, and a baking sheet. So simple!
If you like how simple and delicious this granola is, try out some of my other easy recipes:
A “Date” with Granola
Spicy Garlic Hummus
Breakfast Oat Muffins
How to make a Nutty Granola
- 3 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c roughly chopped almonds
- 1/2 c roughly chopped pistachios
- 1/2 c unsweetened coconut chips
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c agave or honey
- 1/2 c avocado oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, nuts, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Mix together agave, oil, and vanilla extract. Add to the oats and combine well.
- Pour granola over parchment paper and pat down to spread evenly over the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle coconut chips on top. Do not mix in, just let it sit on top of the granola.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle the cranberries over the top and let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Break into chunks and store in an airtight container.