I had my first ricotta pancakes a few years ago when I was out for a brunch with my girl friends. They were light, fluffy and creamy all in one bite! Oh so delicious!
I added a hint of lemon to these to give it a bit of tang and brighten them up. My girls could taste it and loved it which I thought was amazing! I believe it’s going to become our weekend tradition!
You can taste the ricotta but it adds moisture and creaminess to the pancakes that takes them to a whole other level. It really is the perfect start to your day and weekend.
While you heat up your griddle, mix the dry ingredients in 1 bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Then combine the two and whisk so the batter is nice and smooth! It’s really a simple recipe that doesn’t take too long.
Add in some berries while the pancakes are on the griddle or serve a bowl of berries on the side – you can never go wrong with berries on pancakes.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy these delicious pancakes.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 c ricotta cheese
- 1 c milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Butter to cook
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, ricotta and milk until you have a smooth texture.
- add in the zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sugar. Whisk well.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps left.
- On a heated griddle, melt a little butter and pour 1/2 c batter. Let the pancakes cook for a few minutes. The bottom should be a nice golden color and there should be plenty of bubbles on the top. At this point, flip the pancake and continue to cook for another couple of minutes to cook the pancake through.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, add some berries and serve with a side of maple syrup or you favorite syrup.
13 thoughts on “Lemon Ricotta Pancakes”
Wow, what a great idea for pancakes. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Thank you so much! I’m glad you liked the Lemon Pancakes!
Made these again as they are a HUGE hit over here. Omitted the sugar and froze the leftovers for mid week easy breakfasts! We have done this before and they reheat quickly in the toaster oven and taste exactly the same!
Good idea to omit the sugar! I’ll try that next time. Love that these pancakes have become a part of your rotation!
Made these this morning! What a perfect Sunday morning treat! I subbed in whole wheat flour and they were perfect, light and yummy! Big thumbs up from the kids too! Thank you!
[…] Lemon Ricotta Pancakes — A Li’l Bit of Spice […]
These were amazing. Perfectly light and just the right amount of lemon.
THESE ARE THE BEST PANCAKES!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe and can’t wait to make them this weekend!
Thank you! I’m glad you liked them. We’re planning on having them this weekend too! Post pics! Would love to see yours =)
Perfect post before the weekend!!!! Have you tried with whole wheat flour out of curiosity?
I have tried it with whole wheat flour and they taste just as good. Use a 1:1 substitution ratio for the flour.
Delicious you want to eat them right now.
Thank you! They truly are very delicious!