Paneer Cabbage Cups are a light and healthy dish that is packed with a burst of flavor and texture in each bite. The spicy jalapeño, a pop of lemon, the crunch of the cabbage and the creaminess of the paneer and avocados. And if you know me, the vibrant colors of all the different veggies bring this together in the most perfect way. You just can’t go wrong! Summer is here and there is no doubt about it. The temperatures have been scorching hot and I really don’t like spending time in front of a hot stove or in a kitchen baking adding to the heat stress already!
Ok, so maybe a little bit of time in front of the stove on this one but I promise it’s pretty quick!
I’m a true believer in making life simple and my paneer cabbage cups definitely reflect this! Toss together some onions with bell peppers, corn, paneer and some spices; layer all of the ingredients in a cabbage cup and viola! You have a fun summery dish!
You do need a mint cilantro chutney for this recipe and I really like this one from Piping Pot Curry. It’s an easy one to follow and vegan too!
Notes: You can use tofu instead of paneer to make this vegan!
What fillings would you use? Tag me when you try them!
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy this fun treat!
8 red cabbage cups, washed and pat dry
1 c paneer, chopped into ¼” cubes
1 colored bell pepper, chopped finely
1 c corn, fresh or frozen
1 avocado, chopped ¼” cubes
2-3 radishes, sliced thinly
2 jalapeños, sliced
½ c mint cilantro chutney (more or less based on your spice level)
2 limes, quartered
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium flame. Add in cumin seeds. When they start to splutter, add in the onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, until they are tender.
2. Add in the coriander powder and garam masala. Mix well.
3. Add in the bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in the paneer, salt and pepper, and sauté for about 3-5 minutes or until the paneer starts melting.
5. Turn off stove and remove pan from heat.
6. Add in the corn and cilantro mint chutney. Mix well, making sure the chutney is coating every bite.
1. Scoop ¼ c paneer mix into each cabbage cup.
2. Top with cubed avocado.
3. Garnish with sliced radishes and jalapeños.
4. Season with a little more salt and serve with a lime wedge.
One thought on “Paneer Cabbage Cups”
Wow!! These looks beautiful and I am sure these are yummy. Great for summer.