Jump to recipe
I’m a firm believer in easy meals that are healthy and don’t take much of my time. This Sausage & Zucchini Linguine is just that. It literally took me 15 minutes to make (with Aishani in the kitchen “helping” me) and was loved by everyone.
Here are a few things I like about this pasta dish:
- Gluten Free (cauliflower based linguine …. so delicious and guilt free!)
- Ready in 15 minutes!
- The combination of sausage and spices packs a punch of flavor
- Bright and colorful veggies
- Carb Free
- A little munchkin, who in the name of cooking with me, ate a good amount of my sausage and bell peppers during the cooking process
Taste Republic has their cauliflower linguine in most grocery stores so go get a pack! (This is not a paid ad, I just love their pasta).
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy this fun and easy meal!
Sausage & Zucchini Linguini
- 1/2 16oz package Cauliflower Linguini (or any pasta of your choice)
- 2 sausage links, sliced
- 1 c zucchini, chopped
- 1 colored bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 med onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c favorite pasta sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp salt to boil pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Basil, chopped (to garnish)
- 1 Tbsp Olive or Avo Oil
- In a deep pot, boil 8 c water and add salt to it.
- While the water is boiling, heat a large skillet with oil.
- Add in garlic and let it bloom for 30 seconds as you stir it around.
- Add in the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- On the side, add the pasta to the boiling water and set a timer for 3 minutes.
- In the skillet, now add in the zucchini, bell peppers, sausage, salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, and Italian seasoning. Mix well and let it cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the pasta sauce and mix well with the sausage and veggies.
- The pasta should be done at this point so transfer it from the boiling water directly into the skillet.
- Mix the pasta in and let it cook for another minute.
- Serve hot into bowls and garnish with chopped basil.
© 2022 Copyright A Li\'l Bit of Spice