⁄Crunchy on the outside, creamy and buttery on the inside, these avocado wedges are the perfect snack. They are remarkably tasty, easy to make, and impressed my 5 and 4 year olds. Honestly though, anything that is breaded and fried is an automatic win in my book. I’ve had these in tacos too and seriously, they are delicious.
HOW DO I CHOOSE THE RIGHT AVOCADO FOR THIS RECIPE?
Personally, I like to use avocados that have just turned ripe. They’re still a little firm but ripe enough to be creamy when eaten. A good scale to use is if they are good enough to use for Guacamole then they are too soft to use for these wedges. You don’t want the wedges to melt and loose structure because they are too ripe.
AIR FRYER vs BAKING
I used an air fryer for this recipe because it gives the crispy exterior that you would see when deep frying. If you don’t have an air fryer, baking is just as good but beware that it will take a little longer to cook them. I have given instructions for both in the recipe card.
ARE THESE HEALTHY IF THEY’RE FRIED?
Yes they are because they’re air fried! And avocados are definitely healthier than traditional potato wedges. Don’t get me wrong, I love potatoes in all its many glorious forms but I do love a healthy alternative any day. Here are some of the many nutritional benefits to these Avocado Fries:
- Provides about 5 gm protein per serving
- Almost ¼ of your DRI Fiber
- About a third of your Folic Acid DRI
- Almost ¼ Vit. K requirements
- Great source of potassium, phosphorous, Vit. A, and Vit. B6
So what are you waiting for?! Try these incredibly delicious Avocado Fries and fall in love with a new way of eating fries!
Avocado Wedges with Sriracha Crema
- 2 large avocados
- ¼ c flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ c milk
- 1 c panko bread crumbs
- non stick cooking spray
For the Sriracha dipping sauce:
- 1/2 c yogurt, plain, lowfat
- 2-3 Tbsp Sriracha sauce depending on your spice level
- pinch of salt
- Preheat Air Fryer by running it on 350 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Slice the avocados in half and peel them. Then slice each half into about 4-5 slices.
- In a bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs with garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Dip the avocado slices in the flour, then the milk, then the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place in a plate as you are done breading them. Before transferring to the air fryer, spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Transfer in a single layer to the Air Fryer and cook at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
For the Sriracha Dipping Sauce:
- Whip the yogurt until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the Sriracha and salt and mix well.
- Enjoy with your Avocado Fries
**For oven baked fries:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Follow the instructions above then bake for 12 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking time.
Here are the tools I used for this recipe:
2 thoughts on “Avocado Wedges with Sriracha Crema”
Oh my! This looks yummy!!!!!
Love the balance of textures with the crispy outer layer and the soft avocado