Sweet, flaky, melt in your mouth delicious, and best of all, perfect to make in a pinch or for a simple dessert that looks as if you spent hours making it!
Figs are one of my favorite fruits and every year, I look forward to seeing them at the Farmer’s Market. I saw the most delicious looking figs at the market last week and knew I had to get them. I’ve been eating them with my chia pudding parfait, and just snacking on them throughout the day but wanted to jazz them up a little more.
These Fig and Pistachio Tartlets are so perfect to elevate the figs without completely losing them in a myriad of ingredients. They are extremely easy and quick to make too! I used store bought puff pastry squares (though a large sheet cut into squares works just as well), added a little butter and brown sugar to help caramelize the base, some ground pistachios to give it a nutty flavor and balance the earthiness of the figs, layered on the sliced figs and finally topped it off with some honey. Yep, I’m drooling thinking about them again!
What if Figs are not available anymore?
Yes, I dread when the Farmer’s Market doesn’t have anymore figs because they have such a short season that I try to get my figs in as much as I can during that time. But no worries! Here are a few more fruits you can use:
- Stone fruits such as peaches, nectarines, plums, and apricots are in season now also. Try one of those!
- Apples, pears, and even berries would work well!
- Instead of pistachios, try using ground almonds or walnuts
How do I serve the Tartlets?
Warm and fresh out of the oven is the best way to eat these. I’ve found that if I let them sit for too long, the puff pastry can get a bit chewy. Also, don’t forget the vanilla ice cream to go with these babies.
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy eating this delicious Fig and Pistachio Tartlets!
Fig and Pistachio Tartlets
- 6 fresh figs, sliced lengthwise
- 12 squares store-bought frozen puff pastry defrosted but chilled (or use 1 large sheet and divide into 12 squares)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp pistachios, ground
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Vanilla Ice Cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Using the back of a butter knife, mark a square about 1/2 inch from the edge. Make sure you don't slice through the puff pastry. This will help the edges rise while keeping your filling in the center.
- Brush melted butter over each pastry square.
- In each inner square, sprinkle brown sugar first then the ground pistachios.
- Arrange fig slices overlapping on the pastry.
- Drizzle honey over the figs.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until pastry it puffed and browned and figs are softened
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Here are the tools I used for this recipe:
If you want to check out more desserts, here are some of my favorites:
Mango Coconut Panna Cotta Tart
Vegan Amaretti Cookies
Thandai Infused Rainbow Crème Brûlée (Vegan)
Rose Pistachio Ice Cream
One thought on “Fig and Pistachio Tartlets”
These looks delicious