Jump to recipe
Bright, crunchy, colorful and easy to assemble with a creamy coconut jalapeño dressing, this salad is a perfect addition to your meal.
Easy to make, this salad has plenty of texture, meets my rainbow requirements, and is quick to pull together for any meal. A twist on the traditional slaw, the Rainbow Crunch Salad is a healthier version with a low cal coconut jalapeño dressing to finish off a delicious salad.
With school started, life still crazy between Covid, fires, and whatever else you want to throw in there, I want to keep it easy and quick for this salad. Chopping the veggies doesn’t take very long and the Coconut Jalapeño dressing is blended in less than a minute.
Here’s what you need for the salad:
- Red Cabbage
- Colored Bell Peppers
I’ve used this as a lunch meal, a side salad for fish and chicken dishes, or even a quick afternoon snack if I had some leftovers.
Try it out! From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!
For the Salad:
- 1/2 med red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 colored bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 c edamame
- 1/4 c mixed nuts
For the dressing:
- 1 13.5 oz can of coconut cream
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Toss all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients of the dressing and blend for 30 seconds until well mixed.
- Pour at least 1/3 of the dressing onto the salad and add more if you like it more creamy.
© 2021 Copyright A Li\'l Bit of Spice