Make the best coffee smoothie with instant coffee! This delicious smoothie is a simple recipe with just four ingredients that makes the perfect morning boost or post workout snack.
This delicious smoothie is actually the hubby’s recipe. He’s been making it for several months now and even got my brother and sister-in-law hooked on it. I love the ease of it because you just pop it in the blender, blitz it all up, and it’s ready to go. The perfect boost in less than 3 minutes.
I am not a coffee drinker but will actually drink this because I don’t taste the coffee as much. What does stand out is the creamy, nutty, and earthy flavors. There are only four simple ingredients that you can adjust to your liking. This recipe is so versatile.
- Bananas: Add fresh, ripe, or frozen. The extra ripe bananas will lend a bit of a sweeter taste to the smoothie which you can never go wrong with. In contrast, the frozen bananas will give the smoothie a creamier texture closer to ice cream.
- Milk: We used almond milk for this recipe but switch it up and use any milk that you prefer.
- Almond Butter: almond butter is the reigning nut butter in our home due to a peanut allergy but any nut or seed butter as a replacement will work just as well.
- Instant Coffee: This is where the game can get fun. The hubs added instant coffee directly to the smoothie without brewing it. Some people prefer brewing the coffee, then adding the liquid and that works just as well. Or use decaf if you don’t want the kick but want the flavor. Speaking of flavor, why not add flavored coffee and up the game a little?
- Chia seeds: Add in a teaspoon or a tablespoon a boost of fiber and healthy fats.
- Cocoa Powder: Who doesn’t want a little chocolate in their day?
- Ground Flaxseed: A tablespoon is the perfect amount to add a extra fiber, minerals, and help nursing mothers increase their supply. This is the brand that I love to use.
- Avocado: Just a half will lend a creamier texture while increasing your vitamin E, fiber, and healthy fat intake for the day.
- Protein Powder: If you’re having this post-workout, a scoop of protein powder would be perfect. This is the one I use and love. It a plant based protein powder.