Jump to recipe
If you have been following me then you know how much I love my bowls. Experimenting with different flavor profiles, playing around with new dressings, and oftentimes using whatever vegetables are left in the fridge waiting to be saved from their last moments are the best part of creating my new bowl.
My brussels sprouts were facing a similar fate as mentioned above. I had enough left that I could create a whole new dish with just them, but so few that I didn’t want to waste them either. Grain bowls are perfect for these types of situations especially if you are using a variety of different ingredients.
This one turned out so delicious that I actually went out and bought more brussels sprouts even though I am trying to move on to spring veggies! We’ve now had this bowl 4 times in the last 2 weeks and no one in my household minds – in fact, they love it !
I added in some sweet potato for a little starch, sweetness, and fiber, and avocado for protein. As for the dressing, keeping it simple was the best route. I made a honey dijon dressing that worked wonders. The tang from the dijon and the sweet honey are a perfect balance to the bowl.
So…what are you waiting for? Try this delicious Brussels Sprouts Grain Bowl and become a fan too!
Brussels Sprouts Grain Bowl
- 1lb Brussels Sprouts, halved (quartered for larger ones)
- 2 med sized Sweet Potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/4 c cashews, dry roasted, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Everything Bagel seasoning
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
For the quinoa:
- 1/2 c quinoa, uncooked
- 1 c water
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Honey Dijon Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground ginger. Add in the oil and mix well until combined.
- Add in the brussels sprouts and sweet potato and toss to coat completely.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa thoroughly. Transfer to a medium sized saucepan and add the water and salt. Bring to a boil on med high heat, then reduce to simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- On the side, add all of the ingredients for the dressing into an airtight jar/container. Shake vigorously until all of the ingredients have emulsified.
- When the veggies are done, assemble the bowl.
- Divide the quinoa equally into 4 bowls followed by the veggies. Add the sliced avocados and chopped cashews. Drizzle the dressing and garnish with the Everything Bagel seasoning.
- Enjoy warm!
© 2022 Copyright A Li\'l Bit of Spice
Here are the tools I used for this recipe: