These tandoori cauliflower tacos are marinated in a vibrant tandoori yogurt sauce and burst with flavor in each bite. Perfect for lunch or dinner, these meatless tacos are easy to make and filling.
Recently, I’ve discovered that I like experimenting with the tandoori flavors. For a long while, I would never make anything requiring a tandoori marinade as I was intimidated by the amount of spices it involved. I also had this irrational misconception that making tandoori marinade is a long and complicated process. I’ll tell you what… it’s actually not!
Honestly, all you really need is some yogurt, spices, ginger and garlic and that’s it! What I love about it is that you can practically marinate anything in it the night before, come home, cook it and you have a meal ready! The ease of this recipe and especially of the marinade is my favorite part!
But I’m making tacos? Yep, I know. Tandoori and tacos are a beautiful mashup of two amazing cuisines. The idea came to me because my girls love Taco Tuesdays (even if it’s not on Tuesdays!), and I have to think of new fillings. Trust me when I say they will make a point to comment if I’ve used the same filling too many times in a row! Talk about a tough crowd!
So while I was playing around with the idea of tandoori cauliflower, I decided, why not experiment and put it in a taco?! I am so glad that I did! Topped with red cabbage, my Avocado Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce, and garnished with fresh cilantro, it’s simple but delicious.
Looking for more taco recipes? Check out some of these:
Crispy Black Bean Tacos
Blackened Fish Tacos with a Garlic Sriracha Aioli
Fire Roasted Poblano Tacos
Crispy Chickpeas and Sweet Potato Tacos
Tandoori Cauliflower Tacos
- 1 medium sized cauliflower, chopped into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 c yogurt
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2" ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 3 tsp Kashmiri Deggi Mirch or cayenne pepper (adjust per your spice level)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 c red cabbage, chopped
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 recipe Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Cilantro to Garnish
- Lime wedges
- In a large bowl, whip yogurt to a creamy texture.
- Add in the lemon juice, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix well to combine all of the spices.
- Toss in the cauliflower florets and stir to make sure each floret is coated completely.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours and preferably, overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, making the avocado cilantro lime sauce.
- Set aside the sauce when it is ready.
- To heat the tortillas, grill them lightly over an open flame to give it a little char.
- When the cauliflower is done baking, remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Spread some of the avocado sauce on each tortilla, the fill with red cabbage and cauliflower. Sprinkle chaat masala over the top and garnish with cilantro.
- Enjoy right away!
Here are the tools I used for this recipe:
One thought on “Tandoori Cauliflower Tacos”
[…] Tandoori Cauliflower Tacos Tandoori Gobi (Cauliflower) Zucchini Boats Rainbow Farro Salad Farmer’s Market Crudites Platter with Hummus Two Ways Middle Eastern Vegan Protein Bowl Pineapple Fried Rice […]